‘Natural Language Question Answering’ encompasses much of what smart speakers and chatbots can do today, and is an important component of conversational marketing. We wanted to see where we were in the cycle, so we dug deeper to understand how the Gartner Hype Cycle classified these technologies.
What is Conversational Marketing?
Conversational marketing (or conversation marketing) is a process in which lead generation and selling are based mostly on one-to-one conversations between a business and its potential customers. Companies use it to reduce their sales cycle time, discover who their customers are and what they want, and create a more natural and engaging purchasing experience.
Examples include email marketing, live customer support, customer loyalty programs, and customer success managers. Whichever approach is used, it’s essential that communications are swift and timely, ideally in real-time. Customers also expect highly personalised interactions that leverage any data you hold about them, not cookie-cutter experiences that dehumanise them.
Tools such as social media, chatbots and voice interfaces allow for a feedback-oriented approach to marketing, which can increase engagement, build customer loyalty, expand the customer base, and boost sales revenue. As a result, more and more companies are implementing conversational marketing technology as part of their conversational commerce strategy.
Articles on Conversational Marketing
- Nanocasting – Sean Gilligan, Sound Branch – Voice Tech Podcast ep.02117th February 2019 - 15:37
- Machine Learning Signals – Christopher Oates, audEERING – Voice Tech Podcast ep.0203rd February 2019 - 16:30
- Elevated Voice Design – Vasili Shynkarenka, Invocable – Voice Tech Podcast ep.01920th January 2019 - 15:53
- Prototypes & Personas – Kasia Ryniak & Rafal Cymerys, Upside – Voice Tech Podcast ep.0186th January 2019 - 17:22
- Constructing Multi-Turn Conversational Voice Experiences with a Knowledge Graph14th February 2019 - 23:15
- Summary of the Voicebot.ai 2019 predictions survey10th January 2019 - 01:12
- Improve your machine learning with compressed audio31st December 2018 - 17:54
- Why Voice Assistants are Beneficial to Children13th December 2018 - 12:10