Voice has already begun to transform how we search, engage and shop in the digital world.
What is Conversational Marketing?
Conversational marketing (or conversation marketing) is a process in which lead generation and selling are based mostly on one-to-one conversations between a business and its potential customers. Companies use it to reduce their sales cycle time, discover who their customers are and what they want, and create a more natural and engaging purchasing experience.
Examples include email marketing, live customer support, customer loyalty programs, and customer success managers. Whichever approach is used, it’s essential that communications are swift and timely, ideally in real-time. Customers also expect highly personalised interactions that leverage any data you hold about them, not cookie-cutter experiences that dehumanise them.
Tools such as social media, chatbots and voice interfaces allow for a feedback-oriented approach to marketing, which can increase engagement, build customer loyalty, expand the customer base, and boost sales revenue. As a result, more and more companies are implementing conversational marketing technology as part of their conversational commerce strategy.
Articles on Conversational Marketing
‘Natural Language Question Answering’ encompasses much of what smart speakers and chatbots can do today, and is an important component of conversational marketing. We wanted to see where we were in the cycle, so we dug deeper to understand how the Gartner Hype Cycle classified these technologies.
- Voice Actors & Synthetics – David Ciccarelli, Voices.com – Voice Tech Podcast ep.02514th April 2019 - 14:06
- Biometric Authentication – Alexey Khitrov, ID R&D – Voice Tech Podcast ep.02431st March 2019 - 17:34
- Voice Search Results – Dustin Coates, Algolia – Voice Tech Podcast ep.02317th March 2019 - 18:01
- Voice Retail – Shilp Agarwal, Blutag – Voice Tech Podcast ep.0223rd March 2019 - 18:37
- Fixing a few common errors when publishing your Google Assistant App17th April 2019 - 15:57
- Dispelling 5 Myths about the Impact of AI on Healthcare16th April 2019 - 15:49
- Year 2030: Future of Amazon Alexa v/s Google Assistant15th April 2019 - 15:43
- Smart Speakers Market Size Is Expected To Reach USD 39.3 Billion by 2025: Grand View Research Inc.14th April 2019 - 15:34