The Conversational Academy by Robocopy is an online conversation design course that teaches you to write natural dialogue for chatbots and voice assistants.
It contains more than 40 video lectures, examples and quizzes, from which you’ll learn you the full range of conversational design skills.
The course is taught by Hans van Dam, the co-founder of Robocopy who lectures at universities and conferences around the world on the topic of conversation design. The Robocopy method is fast becoming the industry standard, and is widely regarded as best practice.
At the end of the course you take the final exam and become a Certified Conversation Designer, which lets you demonstrate to potential clients and employers you’ve had extensive training in the discipline.
This is the best way to begin a career in conversation design.
If you’re interested in learning more, the full curriculum is on their site, along with a free access to the first video in the course.
Plus, Voice Techies get a huge 25% discount. Just click the blue button above, and the discount will be applied automatically. Sign up now!
You will get:
- More than 40 video lectures
- New lectures added regularly
- Examples and hands-on advice
- Quizzes to test your knowledge
- Downloadable templates and canvases
- Final exam to earn your accreditation
- An official LinkedIn certificate
- Membership of the Robocopy Alumni Network
What you will learn
Understanding the field
You will get a grip on this emerging field and learn how organizations can benefit from chatbots and voice assistants. You will understand the psychology behind conversations, and more importantly, how technology, psychology, and language work together in conversation design.
Perform the Conversation Design Process
Good conversation design starts with an extreme human-centric process. With respect for the technology and business operation, you’ll learn how to craft a bot persona that delivers value to both the user and the organization. You’ll learn how to create sample dialogues that resonate with users and give them a good experience. You’ll learn to systematically make your dialogues better using expert rewrite sessions and Wizard-of-Oz testing. And finally, you’ll learn to create a deliverable with copy for intent recognition, edge cases and repair flows.
Apply conversational copywriting techniques
Learn the copywriting techniques that are essential to create dialogue that sounds human instead of robotic. Learn how to write prompts and use discourse markers to minimize the cognitive load of your user. Understand when to use explicit and implicit confirmations and write repair prompts for situations in which the bot can’t make sense of the user’s input. Make your conversations humanlike by applying tapering, variety, and other techniques that we as humans use all the time.
Voice and chat
In this course you’ll learn how to work voice first. This is similar to how visual designers work mobile first to make sure their designs work across all devices. Working voice first ensures that your conversations work across all platforms, for both chatbots and voice assistants.
As conversation designers, it’s valuable to able to work across all platforms and with all technologies. Robocopy work closely with tech partners to make sure that you’re trained to work with all systems. After this course, you’ll know how to navigate their respective requirements and limitations, both current and potential.
Robocopy constantly update the latest cheat sheets, canvases and process flows.
- Conversation Design Canvas
- Bot Persona Worksheet
- Conversation Design Process
- Template for your deliverable
- Template for conversation design flowcharts
Frequently Asked Questions
- The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish.
- Conversation Design is a new job. Therefore it’s important to create a standard in terms of quality.
- The Robocopy Certificate tells you’ve had extensive training and know how to design conversations that make bots helpful, natural and persuasive.
- You don’t need to have any technical expertise prior to this course. Of course, affinity with language and copywriting is going to be a plus.
- Yes. Chatbots and voice assistants are different experiences, but they are closely related.
- You’ll learn principles for both chatbots and voice assistants, and you’ll learn what’s different in terms of copywriting.
- Yes. The methods that we teach in this course are based on psychological principles. These principles are relevant in every language. Therefore, as a trained conversation designer, you can work in every language.
- If you’re writing in a different language than your native language, we suggest getting a native speaker to edit your work.
Register now !
Voice Techies get a huge 25% discount. Just click the blue button above, and the discount will be applied automatically.