Dogac Basaran is a post-doctoral researcher at CNRS, the French national scientific research centre. Today, in part 1 of 2, Dogac gives us a crash course in signal processing, where we learn what signal processing is and discover some of its many applications.
Greg Beller is the Head of the Interfaces Research and Creation team the leading audio research laboratory IRCAM in France. We explore the relationship between sound and physical space, and the link between our voices and our gestures.
Pablo Arias is a final-year PhD student in perception and cognitive science at the audio research lab, IRCAM, in Paris. We discuss Pablo’s work on the how smiling changes the voice, and how people perceive smiling and non-smiling voices.
Benjamin Etienne is a data scientist at Rogervoice, a mobile app that allows deaf and hard-of-hearing people to use the telephone. Ben shares his inspirational story about how he taught himself data science and machine learning in the evenings, so he could work in a more technical role.
This episode covers 8 of the most interesting voice startups that I found at the Vivatech technology conference in Paris, France. These include a voice enabled smart alarm clock that can monitor your sleep quality, and a robot behaviour system that delivers CMS content in person.
Florian Eyben is the CTO of audEERING, an audio analysis company that specialises in emotional artificial intelligence. Florian is a leading expert in voice emotion analytics, machine learning and signal processing, and our conversation is a great introduction to harnessing emotion in the voice.
- 5 Fantastic French Startups – Vivatech 2021 – Voice Tech Podcast ep.08624th June 2021 - 12:07
- Conversation Design Festival – Hans van Dam, CDI – Voice Tech Podcast ep.0857th June 2021 - 12:15
- Real-time Voice Changer – Jaime Bosch & Alex Bordanova, Voicemod – Voice Tech Podcast ep.08418th May 2021 - 12:10
- A.I. Service Desks – Muddu Sudhakar, Aisera – Voice Tech Podcast ep.0834th May 2021 - 16:48
- Image was taken from Pixabay.com.Yes, There Are Still Big Podcast Ideas To Be Had6th August 2021 - 14:14
- How to Change Alexa’s Voice4th June 2021 - 13:03
- Conversational AI Opening New Horizons for Virtual Mental Aid10th May 2021 - 19:05
- What is the Clubhouse app? (and how to use it)2nd April 2021 - 11:52