Marco Liuni is the co-founder and audio miner at Alta Voce, a research-backed startup based in Paris, France that shapes the emotions in human and artificial voices to enhance communication.
Their product, Alta Call, is a voice transformation technology for contact centers, improving both the clarity of speech and enhancing the smile in the voice. Marco explains how their tech works, and we hear samples of audio that have been transformed.
We also cover some of the ethical issues of transforming human voice, and how they are tackling this in the product. Marco shares his advice for newcomers to the field of speech transformation, and some of his recommended reading.
- A/B testing allows the call center and Alta Voce to measure the improvement in KPIs, and iterate on the product.
- Emotion transformation results in less stress and fatigue for agents.
- Voice is key to a person’s identity and must be respected.
- Alta Voce strives to only enhance the emotions already in the voice; they don’t add new emotions.
- Gaining consent and keeping users informed is critical when transforming the voice.
- Manning books << 40% off all books code: PODVOICETECH19
- Conversation Design Institute << 25% off courses: VOICETECH25
- Voice Tech Pro listener upgrade << no ads
- Rumble Studio << create your free account
Links from the show
Subscribe for more episodes
- Apple iTunes: https://apple.co/2LqW4ol
- Google Podcasts: http://bit.ly/voicetechpodcast-google
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2IZr5hm
Read all about it
- Newsletter: https://voicetechpodcast.com/newsletter
- Medium Blog: https://voicetechpodcast.com/medium
- Write for us: https://voicetechpodcast.com/publish
Make your voice heard
- Twitter: https://voicetechpodcast.com/twitter
- Reddit: https://voicetechpodcast.com/reddit
- Facebook: https://voicetechpodcast.com/facebook
- Email: email@example.com
Show your support
Share this article
If you found value in this article, please consider helping others by sharing to your network. Just click one of the links below.