Today on the show, we welcome Carl Robinson. Yep, the script has been flipped, and your favorite Voice Tech Podcast host is now on the other side of the mic as today’s guest! Interviewing Carl live from Project Voice is the brilliant Keri Roberts – host of the Inside Voice Podcast.
In this episode, we find out more about Carl’s background as a data scientist, how he got interested in voice tech through emotion detection technology, and the fascinating array of projects he has worked on since those earlier days. We also discover why the Voice Tech Podcast was started, how it has progressed since its inception in 2018, and the many insights Carl has gleaned from the array of guests and conversations he has had on this very podcast show to date.
From the boom in voice tech education, to hearables and wearables, biometric smart speaker detection, and the remarkable advancements being made in emotion detection – Carl also shares the technology he is most excited about right now, and his predictions for future trends. Whether you are new or old to the world of voice tech, or perhaps just seeking some great tips for your own podcast – this is a fantastic episode that will connect you to the heart of your host and the latest in voice tech!
- Find out more about Carl’s background in startups and how he discovered podcasting.
- Carl shares his fascinating experience building a chatbot for people with diabetes in Beijing.
- Carl’s move to France to pursue a two-year master’s degree in Data Science.
- The most significant insights Carl gained from his early internships around voice integration.
- Learn more about the study of emotional expression in the voice through a chatbot.
- Discover how the Voice Tech Podcast began and how it has evolved since 2018.
- The key ingredients to get people listening to your podcast on a regular basis.
- The importance of having processes in place and outsourcing tasks for a podcast show.
- Agency shifts: The move from proof-of-concept projects to the full marketing budget.
- The uncertainty around discoverability and platforms for the promotion of voice apps.
- Find out why voice technology has got far more potential than smart speakers.
- Carl’s top five predictions for 2020 and the exciting new boom in voice tech education.
- Learn more about the biometric identification technology being used in smart speakers.
- The scary accuracy of sensory emotion detectors and prediction algorithms in healthcare.
- How a machine that measures word spacing in speech can aid in detecting Alzheimer’s.
- Why hearables and wearables are going to be the most catalytic, transformative innovations.
- Interactive content and the move away from static voice adverts to interactive adverts.
Quotes from the show
[06:34] you’ve just got one chance to convert a listener. If you mess up, well, that’s it.
[09:32] The world is your oyster. So many people are working in voice, it’s incredible!
[16:48] Hearables and wearables will be an important catalyst for greater usage.
Links from the show
- Voice Tech Podcast
- Carl Robinson on Twitter
- Carl Robinson on LinkedIn
- Inside VOICE Podcast
- Keri Roberts on LinkedIn
- Keri Roberts on Twitter
- VoiceTech Pro
- Project Voice
- Task Bullet
- Voice Tech Podcast Newsletter
- Voice Master’s by Vixen Lab
- Neurodata Lab
- Pragmatic Digital
- Project Voice 2020 – Voice Tech Podcast ep.050
Subscribe for more episodes
- Apple iTunes: https://apple.co/2LqW4ol
- Google Podcasts: http://bit.ly/voicetechpodcast-google
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2IZr5hm
Read all about it
- Newsletter: https://voicetechpodcast.com/newsletter
- Medium Blog: https://voicetechpodcast.com/medium
- Write for us: https://voicetechpodcast.com/publish
Make your voice heard
- Twitter: https://voicetechpodcast.com/twitter
- Reddit: https://voicetechpodcast.com/reddit
- Facebook: https://voicetechpodcast.com/facebook
- Email: email@example.com
Show your support
Share this article
If you found value in this article, please consider helping others by sharing to your network. Just click one of the links below.