Marek Mis is the founder of OnlyOne, the first ever voice-dating application. Only One helps users find their true love using only their voice.
We explore the fascinating concept of without images, diving into the product features, and how the platform matches you up with your perfect partner. We discuss dating apps in general, typical behavioral patterns seen on dating apps today, as well as the benefits of having voice-only matchmakers, as opposed to the more multi-modal features seen in ‘traditional’ dating apps, like Tinder today.
We also hear what Marek has learned from the initial data generated by platform’s users; what he’s learned about human connection, what he has been most surprised by, and the types of metrics that he tracks. We also get into the nuts and bolts of this app development process itself. Everything from Dialogflow, to FireBase, to Web App JS, and how you can become an expert in these technologies.
If you’re looking for a fun, intriguing, accessible episode jam packed with advice, then you won’t want to miss this one!
- If there is no screen, there is no way for them to advertise: The monetization of dating apps.
- How Marek came up with a whole different set of rules for his dating app, OnlyOne.
- Discover how no swiping created a huge shift in human behavior when it comes to dating.
- How Marek researched and identified his app audience and approached the marketing.
- A guided walk through the OnlyOne app: How it works and how you find your match.
- The typical difficulties that users experience with dating apps and websites today.
- The advantages of dating via a voice-only matchmaker in comparison to ‘traditional’ apps.
- Confronting the issue of critical mass and geo-location when it comes to dating apps.
- Tackling the matching algorithm bias on Tinder and on the OnlyOne platform.
- Why age, gender, and geo-location are the most important things for any dating app.
- Learn more about the development process and the stack chosen for OnlyOne.
- How Google’s Firebase and Google Assistant work to power the OnlyOne app.
- Discover how Marek first learned how to code and resources for learning the Google stack.
- Focus on the logic: Marek’s advice for developing any voice tech app.
- Saying no to going out and maintaining relationships whilst working on big projects.
Quotes from the show
[05:50] If you date someone, you probably want to see them first
[20:17] I think it’s got some magic to it
[21:20] dating app giants haven’t yet given options to go pictureless
Links from the show
Subscribe for more episodes
- Apple iTunes: https://apple.co/2LqW4ol
- Google Podcasts: http://bit.ly/voicetechpodcast-google
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2IZr5hm
Read all about it
- Newsletter: https://voicetechpodcast.com/newsletter
- Medium Blog: https://voicetechpodcast.com/medium
- Write for us: https://voicetechpodcast.com/publish
Make your voice heard
- Twitter: https://voicetechpodcast.com/twitter
- Reddit: https://voicetechpodcast.com/reddit
- Facebook: https://voicetechpodcast.com/facebook
- Email: email@example.com
Show your support
Share this article
If you found value in this article, please consider helping others by sharing to your network. Just click one of the links below.